Unlike other social media apps such as Twitter or Instagram, where users can apply for verification, there isn’t any direct method to get verified on TikTok. Instead, TikTok has a secret system to bestow verification badges on popular profiles. However, there are some things you can do to increase your chances of getting verified. Here’s everything you need to know about verification on TikTok.
Read more: 10 best TikTok alternatives and apps for Android
To get verified on TikTok, you must have an active, authentic, and notable account. You cannot apply for verification, and TikTok chooses the accounts they want to verify.
JUMP TO KEY SECTIONS
What does being verified on TikTok mean?
Like other social media platforms, earning a blue verified badge on TikTok helps notable figures let others know their account and content are authentic. Verification is a visual form of trust between high-profile accounts and their followers, so people know that the accounts they are following are who they say they are.
Adam Birney / Android Authority
Verification can also boost visibility for individuals, non-profits, institutions, businesses, or official brand pages since the algorithm shows them more often. Therefore, the blue checkmarks are in high demand.
What are the requirements to be verified on TikTok?
TikTok says they consider several factors before granting a verified badge, such as whether the account is authentic, unique, and active. Here’s a breakdown of how they define those attributes:
- Active: you must have logged into your account within the past six months.
- Authentic: your account represents a real person, business, or entity. Note that you can only receive one verification per business or person except for language-specific accounts.
- If you are a business, institution, or entity, your email domain must represent your business during the verification approval process (ex. @ Androidauthority.com)
- Complete: you must have a public account, and your profile must have a bio, name, profile photo, and at least one video.
- Notable: TikTok reviews accounts featured in multiple news sources. They do not consider press releases and sponsored media as credible.
- Secure: Your account must have multi-factor authentication with a verified email. This ensures that the owner stays genuine and is protected from identity theft.
Tips to get verified on TikTok
Aside from meeting the above requirements, here are some things you can do to help get noticed by the TikTok staff handing out those coveted checkmarks.
- Keep producing videos daily. Find your niche and use a business account to know the best time to post. Use trending hashtags to rank higher in the search results. If your video makes it to the “For You” page, it can significantly boost followers and viewers and put you on TikTok’s radar.
- Add your own sounds and music to your videos to catch people’s attention.
- Try to get featured in a news or media outlet. If your videos are relevant to your local community, reach out to a nearby newspaper or broadcast to collaborate. They are looking for content, too; you just have to give them a good reason to feature you.
- Become verified on other social media platforms. Learn how to get verified on apps like Twitter and Instagram. This TikTok shows you have some prestige on different corners of the internet.
- Follow the community guidelines. That last thing you want is to violate the terms of service since moderators will flag your account, which will hurt your chances of getting verified.
Lastly, don’t stress too much about verification. Be yourself and have fun following these steps to get verified on TikTok without worrying about when it will happen. The more natural and authentic you are, the more your videos will resonate with people. In addition, if you manage to get verified, do not change your username, as that will trigger its removal.
Read more: How to delete a TikTok account
How many followers do you need to get verified on TikTok?
There are no direct thresholds of followers to have to get verified automatically. Some TikTok accounts have hundreds of thousands of followers with no verification.
How many views do you need to get verified on TikTok?
There are no specific thresholds of views your videos must have to get verified automatically. However, if you go viral, that can increase your chances of getting the blue badge.
Who is the youngest person to be verified on TikTok?
The 16-year-old influencer Charli D’Amelio is the youngest person to be verified on TikTok and featured in the 40 under 40 Fortune list.
How much does it cost to get verified?
You cannot pay money to get verified on TikTok. Any entity claiming to sell TikTok verifications is false.