Design and build quality
Ease of use and installation
The App and the features
Detect the presence of smoke and analyze the level of carbon monoxide present in a room in a single operation. This is what X-Sense offers with the combined detector SC07-W. Simple to use, it provides discreet protection.
X-Sense is a leading manufacturer of integrated home security products and solutions. With the aim of making homes and apartments much safer, this company puts innovation at the heart of its business. One of its flagship products is smoke detectors. Compulsory for several years in homes, the smoke detector has now become one of the essential products in terms of security. This device makes it possible to detect the presence of smoke in homes and, if necessary, warns the inhabitants by an audible signal when smoke is actually present. Back here, today we have on one of X-Sense’s products, the SCO7-W detector.
X-Sense SC07-W Specifications
- Wireless Interconnection: Wireless interconnected alarms are linked to each other which means that if one detector is triggered, all detectors will alarm.
- 2-in-1 Protection: Combining smoke and carbon monoxide detection into one device, the X-Sense SC07-W is a must-have safety detector to protect both your home and family from fire and CO poisoning.
- Full Home Coverage: Up to 24 wireless detectors can link with each other, creating a home safety network that provides you with total home coverage to help save lives.
- 10-Year Battery: The use of a 10-year sealed lithium battery helps reduce the waste and inconvenience of changing batteries, plus it is always on giving you constant protection.
- Easy-to-Read LCD: The LCD screen displays the present concentration level of carbon monoxide measured in ppm, so you can instantly know whether there are any dangerous CO leaks in your room.
- LED Indicator: This allows you to easily know the detector’s working status at a glance by a combination of audible beeps and visual flashes of green, red, or yellow.
Presented in the form of a well-made cylindrical box, the SC07-W detector provides 360 ° smoke and carbon monoxide detection. Powered by a lithium battery, it incorporates two types of sensors: photoelectric, to detect the presence of smoke and electrochemical, to continuously analyze the level of carbon monoxide (CO) present in the indoor air of a room.
The carbon monoxide level and the battery level are displayed on a small LCD screen. In addition, this information is supplemented by an LED indicator which flashes and changes color (green, yellow, red) depending on the different cases. Also, in the event of a problem, the alert is given via a sufficiently powerful siren (85 dB).
Located on the back of the X-Sense SC07-W detector, a plastic pin is used to disconnect the battery. An irreversible operation that must be performed when the battery is empty. With an estimated lifespan of ten years, it is sealed and cannot be replaced.
X-Sense SC07-W smoke and carbon detection
For optimal detection, the X-Sense SC07-W detector can be interconnected with other identical models, up to a limit of twenty-four detectors. More than enough for an apartment or a house. This operating mode ensures simultaneous broadcast of the alarm. The X-Sense SC07-W can also be combined with other wireless alarm devices from X Sense. Up to 24 wirelessly connected detectors communicate with each other on a network, which means that when an alarm is activated, all alarms in the house are activated. So, All alarms – smoke detectors, CO detectors, radio combinations and the optional remote control – are compatible.
In addition, provided with a radio frequency module, the SC07-W detectors can be interconnected. If one of them detects an anomaly, the alarm sounds on all the detectors. They can therefore be connected to other X-Sense models.
Also, in use, the X-Sense SC07-W combined detector knows how to be forgotten by not triggering inappropriately. In order to save the battery, the LCD screen is on standby which does not allow you to consult the information at a glance. Only the LED indicator (green) flashes briefly every minute. To ensure the proper functioning of this detector, it is necessary to test it once a week by pressing the central button and to clean it regularly.
Listed at less than $ 50 on the manufacturer’s website, the two-in-one SC07-W detector from X-Sense fulfills its role perfectly. Its only small flaw its that the interconnection procedure that could be simpler. At the time of everything connected, a Wi-Fi or Bluetooth connection, via a dedicated smartphone application, would have been appreciable.
Buy the X-Sense SC07-W
Buy the X-Sense SC07-W smoke and carbon monoxide detector